Ready to get started? Setup a Free Consultation today.
Athlete Tracking With SPT
Athlete development requires more than just hard work and dedication to succeed, it also requires great note taking, reflection, and analysis.
With SPT's exclusive platform, athletes can build a fitness/health profile, track their progress with monthly fitness assessments and daily reporting, and get monthly, quarterly, and yearly summary reports based on real data.
SPT's Athlete Tracking is suitable for athletes with or without existing training programs. This system is designed to monitor athlete accountability and integrates well with athlete's private trainers. Coaches, parents, and athletes can rely on SPT's Athlete Tracking to yield objective reports for measuring athlete progress.
What is Athlete Tracking?
For decades, physiological testing and monitoring was only available for the most elite and endowed athletes due to barriers in cost and availability. Today, those barriers no longer exist! Decreases in the costs of today's softwares and technologies make the physiological tools for testing and monitoring accessible and affordable. The standard for athletes at all levels today is, “If you’re not testing, you’re guessing.”
At Sailing Performance Training, our goal is to train more efficiently and effectively using data-analysis. Through objective and subjective measurements, athletes and trainers can build training programs that are more customized with prioritization in athlete planning and help the athlete better monitor injury risk. SPT’s programs not only provide the analysis and tools for success, but also guidance and curriculum for athlete’s to learn the standards and key indicators for how their bodies are responding to training. It’s a thin line between an athlete training optimally and one that is over training, and with SPT’s Athlete Tracking, athletes are better protected from the dangers of overtraining and more educated about their development.
Athlete Tracking Metrics With Sailing Performance Training
Body Weight – Daily measurement of weight for understanding if you are on track for your performance goals. It’s important to understanding how quickly weight is gained or lost since weight gain could indicate water retention and inflammation and excessive weight loss could be due to inappropriate nutritional fueling.
Subjective Evaluation – This is the athlete’s interpretation of how their body feels. Although subjective, sports science research shows that an athlete’s subjective evaluation is a strong predictor of an athlete’s readiness for training. Questions asked cover topics like muscle soreness, muscle fatigue, overall health, hydration, stress, and more.
Sleep – Sleep is important for physical and mental recovery. The type of sleep, quality, and amount play important roles in an athlete’s performance.
Sailing Metrics — Track hours sailed per condition and per boat for both your physical and sailing analysis. SPT provides industry knowledge and focus on understanding workload while training on and off the water since athletes have a narrow range of workload between effective training and overtraining. Our instantaneous reporting allows for athletes to build training reports and summaries for sharing with other coaches.
Training Load / Training Stress – Understand how your body responds to training and how training on and off the water effects your body. Using the daily metrics along with load measurements from sailing and gym training sessions, SPT trainers can make subtle, and smart adaptations to an athlete’s fitness program.
Body Composition – Measure and verify proper body composition.
Strength and Movement Assessment – Measure and verify athletic improvement in movement and strength.
Understand your physical and sailing training for any time period—even the previous year(s). With SPT data cluster and analytics, you can learn new trends and insight with our summary reports.
Excel faster using data!
- Initial Physical Assessment
- Monthly Fitness Assessments for metric tracking
- Access to SPT's Strength and Conditioning and Data Analysis Platform to build 'Athlete Profile'
- Access to myriad of diaries tracking: wellness, cognitive, nutrition, and more.
- Access to Sailing Diary: SPT's exclusive sport-specific data tracking log to be completed after each sailing session
- Readily available summary reports on data tracked.
- $20 for initial setup; $35 monthly subscription (requires a 3 month contract)
- Monthly consultations with an SPT Fitness Coach - $75 per session.
Ready to get started? Setup a Free Consultation today.
Industry Knowledge In Sailing, Fitness, And Analytics
SPT’s goal is to help coaches and athletes increase their awareness of training and competition by providing a platform for data cluster and analysis. Athletes can build their understanding of the metrics and variables important for success throughout their athletic career, and work with SPT to answer questions specific to their program. Take comfort in knowing our trainers and professionals have high performance sailing experience and can easily and efficiently communicate on athlete’s proposals and needs.
Examples of questions answered by SPT Analysis:
- Am I overtraining this week/month?
- How do I taper for maximal performance at my peak regatta?
- Should I prioritize working out or sailing?
- Why am I lacking energy?
- Can I push myself harder?
- Am I recovering well?
- What sailing conditions do I train/race in most often? (For each boat and sailing position)
- What is my training to racing ratio?
- Am making gains in my fitness goals?
- And more!
How To Get Started
1. Setup an Initial Consultation with our Athlete Coordinator. During the 20 minute call, he will discuss the program details, initial athlete details, and any questions you have have.
2. The Athlete will received an email with instructions for getting setup in the system.
3. Complete an Initial Fitness Assessment. This will include video your fitness coach will review for form.
4. Meet your fitness coach during a one hour video call. During this call your coach will review your Fitness Assessment, review your goals and schedule, and build a plan for success!